Today we can find plenty of meat alternatives. There are so many that sometimes it is hard to find the tastiest and the more nutritious ones. This week, we bring you one of our favorites: the vegan alternative to chicken.
This recipe is really simple to prepare, but for those who like to save time, at luxvegans you will find a fabulous option: the Épi & Co Vegetable Organic Minced and Épi & Co Vegetable Organic Medallions. Épi & Co products are manufactured in France, in a dedicated atelier, in Alsace taking particular attention to the quality of production.
- 3/4 cup (123g) Canned Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1/4 cup (15g) Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Sage
- 2 tsp Vegan Chicken Spice (or Vegan Poultry Seasoning)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Vegan Chicken Stock
- 1 and 1/2 cups (225g) Vital Wheat Gluten
How to cook vegan chicken:
It's up to you to choose your favorite cooking method:
- In a pan or saucepan: heat a little oil and add the pieces of your vegan chicken alternative. Brown them over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In the oven: heat for a few minutes.
- In a sauce: immerse the pieces in the sauce, and heat for a few minutes.
Do you prefer a crunchy texture? Drain the pieces
Do you prefer them more tender? Heat them directly with a vegetable broth or with a sauce.
It is easy, fast, cheap and mainly composed of wheat and pulses, which are naturally rich in proteins. We are sure you will adopt this fantastic meat alternative!