How to make homemade cashew milk?
Vegan, creamy, rich and diary-free; cashew nut milk is really easy to make and we want to show you how.
Not only as a vegan but also as lactose-free intolerant, finding out the best replacement for dairy products can be challenging sometimes, including milk.
You may find many store-bought cashew milk brands as the best milk alternative besides soy milk, almond milk, rice milk or oat milk. However, homemade cashew milk is a different story. Actually, as everything you make on your own, it will for sure taste more refreshing, creamier, and incredibly delicious ;)
The cashew milk recipe is absolutely super easy. You only need 1 tool and 2 main ingredients with few spices. If you attempt to create homemade cashew milk, here’s how. Would you give it a try?
- 1 cup (150g) Raw Cashews (soaked for 1 hour in boiling water)
- 3 cups (720ml) Fresh Water
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Soak the raw cashews for at least 4 hours to overnight in a refrigerator. Then drain and rinse with fresh water. Remember that the water and cashew ratio is 4 to 1, but decrease the water amount if you want it to be creamier.
- Put them in a blender and pour 4 cups of freshwater.
- Add in vanilla extract, salt, and maple syrup.
- Start the blender at a low speed and slowly increase the speed until the cashews are fully pulverized and look like milk. It might take at least 2 minutes in a high–powered blender and could be longer in a regular one.
- Pour the finished product into a jar or a glass. It doesn’t need to be strained as it comes out super creamy. However, if you want, strain it through a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer.
- Cover the jar well if you want to keep it in the fridge for maximum of 3 to 4 days.
Main cashew benefits for your health
How to use cashew milk?
You can use cashew milk in many recipes. It's mild flavour works perfectly with a variety of dishes (from sweet to savoury) and has no naturally occurring sugars. You can also add it to your coffee in the morning or drink as it is.
From sauces to smoothies or desserts, cashew milk is the perfect ally for your creamy vegan recipes.
Cashews are not only used a dairy milk alternative, but other vegan products including vegan cheese, spread or sauces have them as main ingredient. Did you already try one of our best–selling vegan cashew cheese, Petit Lorrain BIO ? It will for sure surprise you in the first bite! You can order it now here; at your vegan gourmet online shop in Luxembourg.